Friday, October 30, 2009

Parashat Lech Lecha

Bagels, Lox, and Stars, oh my!


A quick post....

Beginning lunch with bris food (as per my note to self last year) to commemorate the covenant that Avraham entered into with God in this parashah. We're serving bagel chips, smoked salmon, sliced vegies, and dollops of pareve cream cheese as the appetizer. Then, as a bow to our tradition-driven ten year old, we will return to stars and sand--the promises to Avraham about how numerous his offspring would be. For stars, I made star shaped squash kugel muffins, star pasta, and I used a cookie cutter to form stars out of vegies for a green salad (peppers and raw zucchini work best). For sand, we have couscous.

Dessert consists of a flip flop cake (sort of like feet going where God sends them). Enjoy the example below; this is not my photo! Ours is far less professional--and much more Avraham-esque, i.e. no bright colors and girlie looking accessories. To make the sand under the flip flops, I ground tea biscuits.

Sorry so short: Shabbat Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment